Monday, August 15, 2011

Today is the Day

So, I said that I wasn't going to talk about the divorce on here. And I'm not, especially in regards to they where, what, how, or why. But, as far as the when...the judge signed the papers today. I am officially a single woman. And, I haven't altogether figured out how I feel about that. I mean, yes, the divorce was for the very best for me and for him. But the pattern, the routine, the predictability of knowing who I'm going home to every day, losing all of that has kind of thrown me for a loop. I'm a routine person. I like order. I love following schedules. I make to-do lists for the weekend. I have only been a "fly by the seat of my pants" person one time (if you're wondering, I decided to go on a vacation on a Monday and I left the following Thursday). This is all new to me. And, I don't really know what I'm doing. But I think maybe that's okay. I don't have to know what I'm doing right now. It'll all work out, because as one of my favorite songs from growing up says, "it didn't come to stay, it came to pass."